Spring Harvest 2016 report
LOVED being at Spring Harvest Minehead 3!
We were hosts at the Alternative Celebration. Here are some of the resources we used:
- Sara created some visual reflections based around Luke 10.
- Sam made a video based on Exodus 3 and the theme of Holy Ground, which we used on Night 1. In practice, we discovered that with a sub-bass speaker the sound is a bit muddy, so if you use this you may want to tweak the bass (we'll try and put a remixed version up soon).
- We used John Leach's "Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength" opening prayer with the PowerPoint.
- Night 3 we used Sam's "We are One in Christ" poem/prayer.
We were also in the Prayerhouse, leading lots of different types of prayer and worship through the day. These included:
- Evening prayer based on the Northumbria Community office.
- Morning prayer based on the Anabaptist book Take Our Moments and Our Days.
- The Open Up prayer in one of our Late Morning sessions.
- The Church of England's Lords Prayer video was the basis of a reflection.
- Creative prayer using, sound, paint, play-doh, writing, reading...
- Free-form soaking worship in the evenings.
Check out the BeatLiturgist's twitter feed for pics and thoughts from his time with us.
We really enjoyed working with these wonderful people:
- Sunil Chandy (who created a fantastic "Sound Art Altarpiece" installation);
- Lou Van Der Linden (who did loads of fab soaking-worship improvisations);
- Andy Smith (check out his album here);
- Malcolm Duncan (who wrote us a great reflective story)
- and Bob Hartman (who closed our time at the Alternative Celebration in style!).
Thanks too to Matt Long and the Bless team for setting up the Prayerhouse in such a creative way (see Matt's pic below), Anne and Gav Calver for inspiring theme material, and the wonderful BIG Ministries team for helping our kids get excited about Jesus!
Recent news updates:
We really enjoyed being back in the UK for the last week of Feb 2016. The fun began with a day at Christchurch Welwyn, leading the morning service and then doing and afternoon of workshops. It culminated in a celebration service, featuring the music and creativity of the people we'd been training all through the day. Pastor Simon fed back: "Thank you both for an amazing day yesterday. It was very encouraging and helpful, and hopefully we can apply a lot of the things you said in our worship." Next, on the Monday we had an absolute blast sharing with about 40...
There is some great stuff happening this year... LST Youth and Worship Intensive Sam really enjoyed teaching this three day intensive in January! We're also leading a retreat for teenagers and their parents near York at the end of February. Church Events Sam led Sunday worship and then a training afternoon at Great Shelford Free Church in January. Both he and Sara were at Christchurch Welwyn for a day in February. On 23rd Feb we did an evening for an LICC Hub in Balham. Spring Harvest We're excited about our role at Spring Harvest Minehead 3, leading a new incarnation of the PrayerHouse with different types of worship...
As Advent begins and Christmas draws closer, we wanted to point you towards some fabulous free resources: Videos such as You Bring Peace, Searching for a Baby and What Kind of Throne (all songs from the RESOUNDworship Christmas album). Prayers on PowerPoint like God You Hear, Hark the Herald and Christmas Intercessory Prayers. Sketches like Three Christmas Monologues, Welcome to our World and John the Baptist Heralds Jesus. Artwork such as Come Heavenly Light, Christmas Fractals and Advent Icons. Musical stuff including a Children's Choir...
We're super-excited about a brand new side of our website, packed full of creative resources for your church. It is called AREA 52, because it is based around the weekly Bible readings of the Lectionary. The idea has come from genius writer and storyteller Bob Hartman, who has also committed himself to write a new script for every week of the year! Alongside Bob's creative readings are a host of other resources - prayers, PowerPoints, poems, images... and these will be growing and developing as the months progress. Launching at the beginning of Lectionary Year C means we've got a whole bunch...
We are sure many of you are considering how you can worship in the light of the refugee crisis across Europe. Below are some links you might find useful. We have just posted a video using the song 'You are a Refuge (Arms)' which churches can download for free and use in services This prayer idea called 'If we stay silent', based on the story of Esther, could fit in some contexts These 'War sound effects' may help you to intercede for Syria 24-7 prayer have some very useful...