engageworship is a new expression of the Music and Worship Foundation, furthering the vision and values of MWF for a new generation. We aim to resource local churches for creative, innovative and world-changing worship; engaging with God, each other and the world around us.
MWF employ Sam and Sara Hargreaves to run this exciting initiative and its vision is achieved through:
- Running training days and workshops at churches, conferences and events.
- The development of this website, as a searchable resource for creative worship ideas and articles. This aims to be a channel for ideas springing up from local churches, leaders and artists who are pushing forward into innovative worship.
- Leading worship services and our Count Me In events, to inspire participative worship from the whole church. Also involvement in church weekends and other events.
- Our published books and printed resources, such as Whole-Life Worship, How would Jesus lead worship?, the Engage with God DVD and Journal, and future projects.
- Resourcing other conferences and events, such as Spring Harvest, the Youthwork Summit, diocesan days and local church initiatives, leading musical worship with the engageband and/or creative worship.
We are aiming to take people broader and deeper into all that worship can be. We are committed to excellence and breadth in music, but also exploring other forms of worship and creativity in church.
Sam and Sara were both trained at London School of Theology in Theology Music and Worship. Sam was on the faculty in the Worship Department at LST for five years, and now returns as a regular guest lecturer. Both Sara and Sam have Masters degrees from King's College London.
They moved to Luton in January 2011 where they volunteer at Stopsley Baptist Church and, as part of this, are exploring missional church in the park. Previous to this Sam worked part time as Worship Minister at St James’, Hemingford Grey, Cambridgeshire between 2008-2010, and before that they both served at Ascension, Balham Hill for five years, developing the worship among adults and teenagers. Sam also co-leads RESOUNDworship.org, a free worship song site. Sara has written freelance for Youth for Christ study notes and other projects.
To support this ministry, please consider making a donation or setting up a standing order via our Donations page.