Spring Harvest 2016 report
LOVED being at Spring Harvest Minehead 3!
We were hosts at the Alternative Celebration. Here are some of the resources we used:
- Sara created some visual reflections based around Luke 10.
- Sam made a video based on Exodus 3 and the theme of Holy Ground, which we used on Night 1. In practice, we discovered that with a sub-bass speaker the sound is a bit muddy, so if you use this you may want to tweak the bass (we'll try and put a remixed version up soon).
- We used John Leach's "Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength" opening prayer with the PowerPoint.
- Night 3 we used Sam's "We are One in Christ" poem/prayer.
We were also in the Prayerhouse, leading lots of different types of prayer and worship through the day. These included:
- Evening prayer based on the Northumbria Community office.
- Morning prayer based on the Anabaptist book Take Our Moments and Our Days.
- The Open Up prayer in one of our Late Morning sessions.
- The Church of England's Lords Prayer video was the basis of a reflection.
- Creative prayer using, sound, paint, play-doh, writing, reading...
- Free-form soaking worship in the evenings.
Check out the BeatLiturgist's twitter feed for pics and thoughts from his time with us.
We really enjoyed working with these wonderful people:
- Sunil Chandy (who created a fantastic "Sound Art Altarpiece" installation);
- Lou Van Der Linden (who did loads of fab soaking-worship improvisations);
- Andy Smith (check out his album here);
- Malcolm Duncan (who wrote us a great reflective story)
- and Bob Hartman (who closed our time at the Alternative Celebration in style!).
Thanks too to Matt Long and the Bless team for setting up the Prayerhouse in such a creative way (see Matt's pic below), Anne and Gav Calver for inspiring theme material, and the wonderful BIG Ministries team for helping our kids get excited about Jesus!