Back from Albania
We've just returned from teaching at the first week-long Albanian School of Worship. This was brilliantly organised by Beni and Irma Xhako, and was a real joy to be part of! We had the privilege of working with over 20 students, ages ranging between 16-45. We taught a range of material, including stuff from our book How Would Jesus Lead Worship, Bible-based subjects we would usually do at a church training day, plus practical things such as guitar and voice sessions, band rehearsal skills and songwriting.
We've written some reflections which you can read here, based on our experiences and thoughts.
Here we would like to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this possible:
- everyone who supported financially through sponsorship, attending our gig or just by sending a cheque;
- Music and Worship Foundation, our employers, for supporting this above the amount given to make it happen;
- London School of Theology for releasing Sam for the week and supporting him;
- everyone who prayed - we saw some amazing protection and God's hand over the whole week;
- Beni and Irma, Aurel and Ana, and all of the Albanian staff and students who made the week such a joy.
Here is a pic of the students and staff:
There is such great potential which we believe God will release through these students - they have so much to offer musically, spiritually and in terms of leadership and evangelism. There are also dreams and plans for future conferences and events, so please pray for Beni and Irma as they seek God for the next steps.
Below are some pictures of the sessions and students. On the last morning we asked students to lead worship in groups and this was one of the highlights of the week - here is a short video showing their passion and joy in worship:
Student packs ready for collection; Beni welcomes everyone on the first morning:
Sara teaching with Irma translating:
Guitar workshop (following pictures by Aurel Duro):
Vocal workshop, Sara teaching, Aurel translating: