Count Me In
Creating worship togther
How can your church:
- Inspire everyone to bring their gifts to worship?
- Join together children, teens, adults and older folks in meaningful ways?
- Experience more participative music-making and arts for services?
- Draw in people from the fringe of church who would enjoy creating with you?
Count Me In events are a new model of gathering to create worship together, and address some of these pressing questions!
They begin with a short gathering time, leading into a bunch of workshops (aimed at 8-108 yrs). People can choose from:
- Gospel-style choir
- Scratch orchestra
- Percussion group
- Creative writing (optional)
- Also possible groups for young children (depending on your needs)
We will then take a break for packed lunch or tea, followed by a service of around 1.15hr. The workshop groups bring the parts they have prepared, we join in a mixture of songs, prayers, and other worship activities.
Feedback from our first Count Me In event:
- "I thought that the engage worship team did an excellent job... the sense of ‘doing something together’ young and old – talented musicians and drummers and complete beginners was really good. Everyone in our group seemed to enjoy the experience. When we came together there was for me, a sense of ‘every person ministry’ – everyone was participating by bringing and sharing a component of the service offering."
You can run these on a Sunday morning, with a lunchbreak and the service from 1pm, OR as a Saturday afternoon event, with the service from 6.30pm. They can be done in partnership with other churches to spread the cost and unite your congregations, and we also suggest you consider running it in a neutral venue such as a school or town hall.
We recently made a video to show how this works with one of our songs - Praise the Lord:
For more info about these events please fill in the form below, or download the PDF brochure.