engageworship.org is a new expression of the Music and Worship Foundation, furthering the vision and values of MWF for a new generation. We aim to resource local churches for creative, innovative and world-changing worship; engaging with God, each other and the world around them.
MWF employ Sam and Sara Hargreaves for two days a week to run this exciting new initiative. This is being achieved through:
- Saturday training days and workshops at conferences and events.
- The development of this website, as a searchable resource for creative worship ideas and articles. This aims to be a channel for ideas springing up from local churches, leaders and artists who are pushing forward into innovative worship.
- Leading our Count Me In events to inspire participative worship from the whole church at services, church weekends and other events.
- The book How would Jesus lead worship?, the Engage with God DVD and Journal, and similar projects in the future.
- Resourcing other conferences and events, such as Youthwork the Conference, London School of Theology, Spring Harvest, the Baptist Assembly alternative venue ‘Prism’, Music and Worship Foundation events, Greenbelt, New Wine and local church initiatives, leading musical worship with the engageband and/or creative worship.
We are aiming to take people broader and deeper into all that worship can be. We are committed to excellence and breadth in music, but also exploring other forms of worship and creativity in church.
Sam and Sara were both trained at London School of Theology in Theology Music and Worship. Sam was on the faculty in the Worship Department at LST for five years, and now returns as a regular guest lecturer. They moved to Luton in January 2011, and volunteer at Stopsley Baptist Church. Previous to this Sam worked part time as Worship Minister at St James’, Hemingford Grey, Cambridgeshire between 2008-2010, and before that they served at Ascension, Balham Hill for five years, developing the worship amongst adults and teenagers. Sam also co-leads RESOUNDworship.org, a new free worship song site. Sara has written freelance for Youth for Christ study notes and other projects.
To support this ministry, please consider making a donation or setting up a standing order via our Donations page.